Over the years, many examination pieces have captured the imagination of teachers and students, but the stars of past syllabuses are often forgotten.
The Best of Grade 1 Violin brings together best-loved pieces from past and present Grade 1 syllabuses, including Land of the Silver Birch, Dvorák’s Largo from the New World Symphony and Gershwin’s Oh, Lady, Be Good.
Containing fresh editions of folk and classical masterpieces alongside contemporary favourites, all pieces have been rigorously researched by teacher, professional violinist and ABRSM examiner Jessica O’Leary. A CD of performance and accompaniment tracks is included, along with useful practice tips.
The Best of Grade 1 Violin contents:
- From Old Vinna (Trad)
- Noel Nouvelet (Trad)
- Slovak Song (Trad)
- The Grey Dove (Komarovsky)
- What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor? (Trad)
- Rondeau (Purcell )
- Largo from the New World Symphony (Dvoøák)
- Elenke (Trad)
- Waltz from ‘The Merry Widow’(Lehár)
- Sharks (Huws Jones)
- Fanfare (Corrette)
- Fly High, Pterodactyl (Lumsden/Wedgwood)
- Land of the Silver Birch (Waterfield/Beach)
- Oh, Lady, Be Good! (Gershwin)
- March from ‘Scipio’ (Handel)