The Pirastro Oliv Violin Rigid G string has a gut core with a gold-silver winding. The Rigid G string has a darker and more powerful tone then the standard Oliv violin G.
Often referred to as The Soloist String, the Pirastro Oliv are finely wound and polished with a sheep gut core, producing a lovely full and warm, brilliant tone.
Pirastro Oliv Violin Rigid G string features:
- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- Musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility “to explore the remotest corners of sound”.
- The sound is darker and more powerful tone then the standard Oliv violin G
Olive Violin Rigid G string identification:
- Tailpiece end is Olive Green with a white spiral and a knot end
- Peg end is Brown with a Ruby band.