The Strad Calendar 2017 contains The Academies Collection, a tribute to the Conservatoires, Music Schools and Academies that provide the backbone and ensure the future of the great classical music tradition.
Twelve instruments, including examples by Stradivari, the Brothers Amati and Andrea Guarneri are featured, along with some surprises – such as a 19th-century church bass by American luthier Abraham Prescott.
This calendar will be essential for students, teachers and anyone with an interest in beautiful stringed instruments.
The Strad Calendar 2017 features the following instruments:
- 1629 – Royal Academy of Music – Brothers Amati violin
- 1669 – New England Conservatory – Andrea Guarneri cello
- 1678 – Eastman School of Music – Andrea Guarneri
- 1679 – Yale School of Music – Nicolo Amati violin
- 1685 – Royal Northern Collage of Music – Stradivari violin piccolo
- 1707 – University of the Arts, Berlin – Antonio Stradivari ‘Hochschule Berlin’
- 1707 – University of the Arts, Berlin – Pietro Guarneri of Mantua
- 1714 – Eastman School of Music – Antonio Stradivari
- 1714 – New England Conservatory – Joachim-Ma Stradivarius Violin
- 1736 – Yale School of Music – Belle Skinner Stradivari
- 1811 – Oberlin Conservatory – Abraham Prescott Church Bass
- 1855 – Eastman School of Music – Vuillaume