Fiddle Time Sprinters is the third book in the series, following on from Fiddle Time Runners
Fiddle Time Sprinters:
- Pieces using the finger pattern 01-2-34, plus low 2nd fingers and high 3rd fingers
- 2nd and 3rd position pieces
- A range of bowing techniques, including spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing
- Original pieces and duets in a range of styles, plus well-known pieces
- Pieces using modes, the chromatic and blues scales, and dominant 7ths, linking with Fiddle Time Scales 2
- A CD of performances and backings, with drumkit and bass added for the jazz and rock numbers
- Piano and violin accompaniments available separately
Fiddle Time is a great series for young violinists. Packed with lively original tunes, well-known pieces, and easy duets, the series is carefully paced and organized to build confidence every step of the way.
The new editions contain all your favourite pieces from the previous books, back by popular demand.