The Heritage Series Amati Cello is a copy of Antonio & Hieronymus Amati, Cremona, c.1616 CI016
The Amati’s are considered to be two of Cremona’s finest makers. Their work closely follows that of their father Andrea, the founder of the Cremona school. The cello is typical of the Brothers Amati’s work, although like all of their cellos it has been reduced in size.
An excellent replica for advanced students or intermediate players.
Heritage Series Amati Cello:
- Copy of Antonio & Hieronymus Amati, Cremona, c.1616 CI016
- Handmade and hand varnished cello
- Two piece back in selected highly figured maple with matching ribs and scroll; table in two pieces of selected spruce of narrow grain
- Hand applied varnish with an antiqued aspect
- Fitted French Despiau bridge and fitted high quality sound post
- Length of back: 745mm (29 1/4”)
Heritage Series Amati Cello Caswells set up:
We operate a strict policy of setting up every instrument to exact standards and specifications. The bridge is correctly cut and the soundpost correctly positioned. The pegs, case and bow are checked. Instruments are shipped with the bridges up.