The D’Addario Kaplan Amo violin D string is a silver wound string with a synthetic core. The silver winding gives the string a powerful sound with a rich tone while the synthetic core makes it very stable and resistant to change.
Kaplan Amo strings are recommended for brighter instruments, giving them warmth and richness. By contrast the Kaplan Vivo is recommended for darker instruments. Kaplan Amo settle quickly and have a superb bow response.
Scaled to fit 4/4 size violin with a playing length of 13” (328mm), these medium tension strings are optimized to the needs of a majority of players.
Kaplan Amo Violin D string details:
- Yellow with a green band on Tailpiece end and Pearl white with black spiral on the tailpiece end.
- Silver wound on a synthetic core
- 4/4 scale violin with a playing length of 13” (328mm)
- Medium tension
- Kaplan Amo delivers warmth, richness, and flexibility for brighter instruments
- Synthetic core produces a rich, powerful tone
- Short break-in time and excellent bow response provides superb playability
- Designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry