The Pirastro Oliv Violin Silver D string has a gut core with a Silver winding. The Oliv D with a Silver winding is richer in overtones and has a quicker response than the standard D string.
Often referred to as The Soloist String, the Pirastro Oliv are finely wound and polished with a sheep gut core, producing a lovely full and warm, brilliant tone.
Pirastro Oliv Violin Silver D string features:
- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- Musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility “to explore the remotest corners of sound”.
- The sound is brilliant. Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut strings.
- The standard Oliv D string has gold-aluminium winding
Olive Violin Silver D string identification:
- Tailpiece end is Olive Green with a white spiral and a knot end
- Peg end is Rose coloured