The Hidersine Piacenza Viola outfit, made for the world famous Hidersine company, is a quality instrument for the discerning student. Hidersine instruments are fast becoming recognised for their quality, good sound and consistency of manufacture.
The Piacenza Viola has genuine ebony fittings and a tailpiece with integral adjusters. It is set up with synthetic core Hidersine strings and we also offer here the option of further upgrading the instrument by fitting quality Daddario Zyex strings.
It has an oblong styrofoam case with accessory pockets and back straps. Correctly set up in our workshop. Available in 15.5″ or 16″.
Hidersine Piacenza Viola outfit specifications:
- Hand carved straight grained spruce table
- Figured/ flamed maple ribs, scroll and back
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs and endpin
- Chin rest with gilt fittings
- Half mounted brazilwood bow with ebony frog
- Light alloy tailpiece with gilt adjusters
- Strung with synthetic core strings
- Supplied with oblong case (May vary slightly from image)
- Hidersine model 3192
Piacenza Viola outfit set-up by Caswells Strings | Instruments not set up, having just had the bridge pushed up or worse still badly set up make playing very difficult and can result in the student struggling or even possibly giving up. We operate a strict policy of setting up every instrument at all levels to exact standards and specifications.
The bridge is correctly cut and the soundpost correctly positioned. The pegs are checked and the bow lightly rosined. Instruments are shipped with the bridge up ready to play, but may go out of tune in transit.