The Stentor II student violin outfit has for decades now been considered the reference standard violin outfit for educationalists – it has often been copied, even to the colour and piping of the case, but never matched. Set up in Caswell’s workshop you have the ideal instrument to set you off on your violin playing journey.
The violin itself is of high quality, handmade in Stentor’s own workshop. The pegs, nut and saddle are ebony and the violin is fitted with good quality strings and metal tailpiece with integral adjusters.
The outfit comes complete with a case with an integral cover and carrying straps plus a good quality wood bow with ebony frog. Strings are standard factory fitted strings or you have the option of upgrading them to Dominant strings, further enhancing the sound of the violin. The next level up in the Stentor range is the Stentor Conservatoire.
Stentor II student violin outfit details
- Solid, carved, spruce table.
- Solid, carved, maple back and ribs.
- Solid, carved, maple neck.
- Individual hand shaping and finishing.
- Traditional inlaid purfling.
- Correct neck angle.
- Correctly fitted ebony top nut.
- Correctly reamed peg hole taper
- Stentor model number 1500
- Solid ebony fingerboard.
- Ebony pegs.
- Good quality bridge.
- Alloy tailpiece with 4 integral adjusters.
- Adjustable nylon tail gut.
- Teka pattern hardwood chin rest.
- Strong wood bow with ebony frog.
- Natural white horsehair.
- Good quality screw, eye and ferrule.
- Lightweight case with burgundy red integral cover. Fitted interior with accessory pocket and two bow holders.
- Carrying straps.
- Full Music pocket
- External shoulder rest pocket.
- Soft velvet type lining and case blanket included.