The Stentor Student II Viola Outfit is a step on the Stentor I outfit. Instead of having ebonised fittings it has genuine ebony fittings and is fitted standard with Dogal strings. The Stentor II has for decades now been considered the reference standard viola for education with many teachers worldwide recommending them. Set up in Caswell’s workshop you have the ideal instrument to set you off on your viola playing journey.
The viola is of high quality, handmade in Stentor’s own workshop. The fingerboard, pegs, nut and saddle are ebony. The tailpiece is metal with integral adjusters.
The outfit comes complete with an oblong case with an integral cover and carrying straps plus a good quality wood bow with ebony frog. We offer herewith the option of upgrading to Dominant strings, further enhancing the sound of the violin. The next level up in the Stentor range is the Stentor Conservatoire.
Stentor student II Viola outfit details
- Solid, carved, spruce table.
- Solid, carved, maple back and ribs.
- Solid, carved, maple neck.
- Individual hand shaping and finishing.
- Traditional inlaid purfling.
- Correct neck angle.
- Correctly fitted ebony top nut.
- Correctly reamed peg hole taper
- Stentor model number 1505
- Solid ebony fingerboard
- Dogal strings
- Ebony pegs.
- Good quality bridge.
- Alloy tailpiece with 4 integral adjusters.
- Adjustable nylon tail gut.
- Teka pattern hardwood chin rest.
- Strong wood bow with ebony frog.
- Natural white horsehair.
- Good quality screw, eye and ferrule.
- Lightweight oblong case. Fitted interior with accessory pocket and two bow holders.
- Carrying straps.
- Full Music pocket
- Soft velvet type lining and case blanket included.
Available in 12”, 13”, 14”, 15”, 15.5”, 16” and 16.5”