(ABRSM Grade 1 List A and B 2016-2019)
Suzuki Violin School Volume 1 is part of the best selling Suzuki series.
The Suzuki philosophy is based upon the idea that children can learn music in the same manner they do their native language, through repetitive listening. Dr Suzuki called his teaching method the mother-tongue approach, inspired by the fact that children learn so effortlessly to speak their native tongue.
When a child learns to speak the following factors all play an important role – Listening, motivation, repetition, memory, parental involvement and love and he applies these factors to learning an instrument, often starting students at a very young age.
Suzuki Violin School Volume 1:
- Recently revised and now includes:
- New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
- 16 additional pages
- Additional exercises, some from Dr. Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
- Glossary of terms in English, French, German and Spanish
- Musical notation guide
- Available with or without a CD featuring new recordings by Bill Preucil, Jr and piano accompaniments recorded without the violin part.
- Piano accompaniment available separately
Suzuki Violin School Volume 1 Contents:
- Principles of Study and Guidance
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Variations (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Lightly Row (Folk Song)
- Song of the Wind (Folk Song)
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Folk Song)
- O Come, Little Children (Folk Song)
- May Song (Folk Song)
- Long, Long Ago (T.H. Bayly)
- Allegro (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Perpetual Motion (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Allegretto (Shinichi Suzuki) **ABRSM selected piece: Violin Syllabus 2008-2011
- Andantino (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Etude (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Minuet 1, Minuett III from Suite in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 822 (J.S. Bach)
- Minuet 2, Minuet, BWV Anh. II 116 from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach (J.S. Bach)
- Minuet 3, Minuet BWV Anh. II 114/Anh. III 183 (J.S. Bach)
- The Happy Farmer from Album for the Young, Op. 68, No. 10 (R. Schumann)
- Gavotte (F.J. Gossec) **ABRSM selected piece: Violin Syllabus 2008-2011.