Suzuki Violin School Volume 2 is part of the best selling Suzuki series.
The Suzuki philosophy is based upon the idea that children can learn music in the same manner they do their native language, through repetitive listening. Dr Suzuki called his teaching method the mother-tongue approach, inspired by the fact that children learn so effortlessly to speak their native tongue.
When a child learns to speak the following factors all play an important role – Listening, motivation, repetition, memory, parental involvement and love and he applies these factors to learning an instrument, often starting students at a very young age.
Suzuki Violin School Volume 2:
- Recently revised and now includes:
- New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
- 16 additional pages
- Additional exercises, some from Dr. Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
- Glossary of terms in English, French, German and Spanish
- Musical notation guide
- Available with or without a CD featuring new recordings by Bill Preucil, Jr and piano accompaniments recorded without the violin part.
- Piano accompaniment available separately
Suzuki Violin School Volume 2 Contents:
- Bourree from Sonata in F Major for Oboe, HHA IV/18, No. 8
- Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus
- Gavotte from Mignon
- Hunters’ Chorus from 3rd Act of the opera Der Freischutz
- Long, Long Ago
- Minuet from Sei Quintetti per Archi No. 11, Op. 11, No. 5 in E Major
- Minuet in G, Wo0 10, No. 2
- Musette, Gavotte II or the Musette from English Suite III in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 808
- Study Points for Volume 2
- The Two Grenadiers, Die beiden Grenadier, Op. 49, No. 1 for Voice and Piano
- Theme from Witches’ Dance
- Waltz, Op. 39, No. 15 for Piano