(ABRSM Grade 3 List A 2016-2019)
Suzuki Violin School Volume 3 is part of the best selling Suzuki series.
The Suzuki philosophy is based upon the idea that children can learn music in the same manner they do their native language, through repetitive listening. Dr Suzuki called his teaching method the mother-tongue approach, inspired by the fact that children learn so effortlessly to speak their native tongue.
When a child learns to speak the following factors all play an important role – Listening, motivation, repetition, memory, parental involvement and love and he applies these factors to learning an instrument, often starting students at a very young age.
Suzuki Violin School Volume 3:
- Recnetly revised and now includes:
- New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
- 16 additional pages
- Additional exercises, some from Dr. Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
- Glossary of terms in English, French, German and Spanish
- Musical notation guide
- Available with or without a CD featuring new recordings by Bill Preucil, Jr and piano accompaniments recorded without the violin part.
- Piano accompaniment available separately
Suzuki Violin School Volume 3 Contents:
- Study Points
- Vibrato Exercises
- Gavotte (P. Martini)
- Minuet (J. S. Bach)
- Gavotte in G Minor (J. S. Bach)
- Humoresque (A. Dvorák)
- Gavotte (J. Becker)
- Gavotte in D Major (J. S. Bach)
- Bourrée (J. S. Bach)