The Pirastro Tonica violin strings set has a synthetic core making them very stable and producing a lively, well rounded sound. They are very popular for an inexpensive upgrade to a quality string. The set comes standard with a Silver D and Silvery steel ball end E string. For the alternative D or E strings, please see the individual strings.
Pirastro Tonica violin strings set features:
- Tonica strings have a core made from nylon
- They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
- Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
- With substantially reduced background ‘hiss’, players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings
- Whilst giving positive feed back to your left hand, Tonica strings remain very easy to play right up into the highest positions.
- Projection and brilliance have been upgraded but not to the detriment of the warm sound
- Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
- All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
- Easy right hand articulation and tone attack.
- Due to their medium string tension Tonica strings are suitable for all instruments
Tonica violin string identification:
- Violin G: Tailpiece end white with red winding and Peg end is Brown
- Violin D: Tailpiece end white with red winding and the peg end is Rose coloured (Silver wound 4/4)
- Violin A: Tailpiece end white with red winding and the peg end is Black
- Violin E: The Tailpiece end Red Peg end is Dark Green
- Smaller sizes are the same colour peg end as the full size but have a different colour band depending on the size.