The Pirastro Oliv Violin D string has a gut core with a gold-aluminium winding. Often referred to as The Soloist String, the Pirastro Oliv are finely wound and polished with a sheep gut core, producing a lovely full and warm, brilliant tone.
Available as a single string here or as part of a complete set.
The Oliv D string is also available with a Silver winding which is richer in overtones and has a quicker response than the standard D
Pirastro Oliv Violin D string features:
- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- Musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility “to explore the remotest corners of sound”.
- The sound is brilliant. Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut strings.
- The Oliv D string is available with a Silver winding
Olive Violin D string identification:
- Tailpiece end is Olive Green with a white spiral and a knot
- Peg end is Red